Sunday, June 22, 2014

An Adventure Rises from the Ashes

How great it would be that a vast area of volcano ash would become an exciting place to have fun and adventure.

Few months ago, I got a chance to visit yet another adventure park located in Porac, Pampanga, a place unlikely to think of (well, that is for me). But it was a perfect place to have an adventure. 

Welcome to Sandbox!


Sandbox is an outdoor adventure park in Ayala Land’s emerging 1,125-hectar metropolis, Alviera. And it has I may say, the exciting to extreme adventures one can find.



AERIAL WALK

Quite unfortunate for me not to experience it. The line seemed limitless.. People, kids and kids at heart waited for their turn. I will try it some other time.



GIANT SWING

This is one thing I don't want to try again. Last time I experienced same thing in another park, I felt like dying. Heart and stomach left 30-feet high above ground.

Prepare yourself for the ultimate swing of your life..
TIP: Scream!


ADVENTURE TOWER

When I first saw this towering structure, I said to myself, "I got to try this no matter what!" There goes my adrenaline rush. It has wall climbing, rappelling and the free fall.


And there I go! (photo credit: Jinkee Umali)


ATV & UTV

Now here's something extreme! These all-terrain vehicles can take you to Alviera’s 1,125-hectar property that cuts across mountain terrains, Pampanga’s lahar trail, water ways. 


From here...
To the grasslands..
Rocky roads..
Then this! Talk about having a playground..
Joyride!
More joyride!
But here's my ultimate advice before you try one of these.. If in any reason that you feel doubtful of driving, PLEASE don't think of driving. Think of safety first. Either the ATV or UTV are heavy and takes ultimate precaution in driving. I could drive go karts but this one is different and way bigger. I chose to be a passenger with the guide.


ROLLER COASTER ZIPLINE

It was not yet done when we visited Sandbox but to show you how it looks like and somehow see the thrill of trying it; here's a video.




Other attractions of the Sandbox include a huge sandbox playground for kids, picnic areas, the mini-golf with pitching areas, and camping sites. There’s also a gazebo, where food corners are located, and a flexi-use open field behind the Adventure Tower where hobbyists can enjoy other outdoor activities such as Frisbee, RC plane, kite-flying and kite-making workshops. The field can also be used as a concert venue.

The Sandbox is open from Tuesday to Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm. They offer several packages depending on which attractions you want to try. For more information and other announcements, visit the Alviera web site at www.alviera.ph or www.facebook.com/AlvieraPH.


0 comments:

Post a Comment